DT6 Vibration Analysis Software Modules
DT6 Vibration & Phase Analyzer- Advanced Analysis/Diagnostics Panel
The DT6 was (and is) created with our customers in mind. Many of the recent additions to DT6 have come directly from customer request. As a result, the analysis panel on the DT6 is packed full of unique features, as well as common “industry standard” ones. Entry-level analyst to seasoned veteran, the DT6’s analysis screen will provide you with the answer that you are looking for. The DT6 simultaneously captures ALL of the raw vibration data from 6 channels, allowing the manipulation to take place on the back-end. No setup is required..
Analysis/Diagnostic Panel Features
- Discrete Fourier Transform (On ALL Discrete Points vs. FAST Fourier Transform)
- Time Waveform
- Statistics (RMS, Peak, Peak-to-peak, ISO Overall, Crest Factor)
- Zoom X & Y
- F-Min & F-Max
- Windows: Hanning, Flat Top
- Peak Value Detection
- Play Vibration Sound (Bluetooth Enabled)
- Quick ISO Overall Check
- Scale Matching
- Circle Plot
- Phase Cursor (1xRPM)
- Phase Plot
- Annotations for Time Waveform, Fourier Transform
- “Create Picture” of Time Waveform, Fourier Transform for Reporting
- Quick File Backup
- Units: Imperial or Metric
Intelligent Suggestions & Phase Diagram Population is here to save you hours in the field. Let the DT6 do all of the hard work for you. Our Intelligent, Phase Based Suggestions* Panel will indicate the MOST LIKELY root cause of vibration. Using Phase, Amplitude & a Point System the DT6 can indicate whether Imbalance or Misalignment (together make up about 90% of source vibration) is the MOST LIKELY cause of machinery vibration. It will even indicate resonance or a bent shaft as a possible problem..
* This is ONLY a Suggestion to indicate the most likely course of vibration. If overall vibration levels are very low, source vibration is NOT a problem. Suggestions WILL indicate Misalignment or Imbalance even on Machines with small overall vibration levels.
Amplitude Plots will provide the various peak amplitudes for the vertical, horizontal, & axial positions for any point on the machine for which data was collected.
Auto Phase Balloon Diagram Propagation will automatically complete any phase diagrams for which the neccessary data was collected.
Amplitude & Phase Animations can help further understand or explain the source of the vibration. Animations can also make it much easier to explain the problem and justify the need for a solution.
- “Single View” of each shaft and their end-orbits
- “MultiView” shows shafts moving relative to each other
- View From Angle, Horizontal, Vertical, or the Axial Perspective
- Toggle Orbits on or off to help understand and illustrate true shaft motion
- Change Zoom, Motion Amplifier, Motion Speed, and Shaft Shift during animation
- Stop Motion
- Record Video of the Animation for easy reporting or future reference
Analyze the Shaft-End Orbits to help determine the root cause of vibration.
- High & Low Frequency cutoffs allow the user to hone in on the 1x RPM and take a closer look at how the shaft is moving
- Toggle between Vertical, Horizontal, Axial, or any combination of the 3 in the Time Waveform
- Lock Difference allows the user to examine the shaft’s orbit over the full length of the acquired data
- Change the Plot Axis (Y/X) to Verticle/Horizontal, Vertical/Axial, Horizontal/Axial
- Acceleration, Velocity, Displacement
The DT6 becomes a portable, and temporary constant monitoring/alarm system. Set the desired alarm bands and levels, then whenever the system measures a fault exceeding an alarm level, it saves all data from the last 60 seconds and continues on. This is invaluable for spotting transient vibrations, noticing system irregularities, and catching those critical signs of failure before it’s too late!
S.A.M. can even be configured to send an email alert containing the vibration alarm data in a .txt (easy to open) format.
Real-time Vibration Data straight from the sensors to your screen. Quickly and easily perform bump & soft foot tests, resonance checks, watch for irregularities, or notice a major problem for the first time! Live Data Mode will save ALL raw data while running, once something is pointed out the data may be viewed, trimmed, and even stitched together in the analysis panel or ANY other analysis program. Even perform Impulse Transmittance Analysis.
Ensure Perfectly Accurate Vibration Data from the vertical/horizontal/axial channels by showing real-time sensor orientation corrections in all directions. The process is incredibly quick and easy to use, but drastically increases the end results of each of the Vertical/Horizontal/Axial vibration amplitude measurements as well as improves phase accuracy.
Ensure Repeatable Data!
Multimedia Reports will put any communication problems to rest. New functions in the DT6 allow the user to generate reports that will blow you away!
- Screen Recording– Record the screen in any section or module of the DT6. Show Waveforms & transforms as playable video.
- Amplitude & Phase Animation (APA) Logging- Include in your reports, a simple, playable animation giving even the most inexperienced employees a very good idea of machine motion
- Voice Notes- Never leave an important detail out of your report again! Record voice memos, make important announcements or observations, and ensure there is nothing left to chance.
- Dazzle Management with practical, concise & comprehensive report on machine health!
Machinery Asset Database & Route Runner- Run your entire program off the DT6. Our easy to use and comprehensive Asset Database is actually a portion of our Encompass™ Suite, or original software designed for running PDM a program! With a “Route” button on the home screen, it is easy to get going. Go “Off Route” at any time to work on machines outside of your route, then easily pick right back up where you left off. Asset Database starts with Company>Country>Location>Plant> etc so it is ready for even the largest asset databases. Using the Wifi capabilities of the tablets can allow route/database information to be easily shared/transferred between instruments and users. Easily use the Data Base to create future routes.
This EXTREMELY useful and unique technology has been around for many years helping to isolate signals and mitigate noise. The DT6 offers two modes:
- Self-Adaptive Noise Cancelling will take the data and look for a consistent signal, removing anything that is random and significantly lowering the noise floor. Self-Adaptive Noise Cancelling will reduce the noise in a signal drastically, leaving much better data for analysis.
- Adaptive Noise Cancelling will use one sensor as the “target” and one sensor as the “reference”. Say for example, you are trying to take a reading on a bearing next to a gearbox that is transmitting a lot of vibration. Place the “Reference” Sensor on the source of the extra vibration (in this case the gear box) and place the “Target” sensor on the part receiving the transmitted vibration (the bearing). DT6 will then iteratively remove the signals that are common in both sensors, leaving just the “Target” sensor data without any of the extra vibration from the gearbox.
This process can be extremely useful when noise is high or components are too close together to collect accurate readings. This is just one of many features unique to the DT6 that can be a complete game changer for analysts of any level.
Optional DT6 Software & Hardware AddOns
This application will allow the user to perform balancing and analysis for a Single Plane or Dual Plane and Perform trim methods on each. TrueBalance includes the ability to use standard DT6 sensors for input, or the ability to manually type in numbers if the values are known. The system provides ISO and API balancing tolerances and can perform both regular and 4 run no phase methods for determining balance. Other features include weight splitting, reporting, metric and imperial units, rotating protractor or rotating reference mark, Influence Coefficients and Net Imbalance Phase plots.
OnTarget Provides fast, easy & reliable calculation every time. It will show the actual alignment condition, progressive moves, thermal offsets, and tolerance window. Calculate alternative moves for bolt-bound or base-bound machines. Quickly access old alignment records and create/report comprehensive new ones.
Advanced Laser Tachometer, Compatible with DT6 through 3.5mm Jack, capable of picking up a pattern without an optical pickup applied
Basic Laser Tachometer that DOES require an optical pickup to establish a phase reading
Single Channel High Frequency Transducer ( Flat in Noise to 8.0 kHz; Full Range >48kHz), compatible with DT6 through the USB port