Practical Vibration Analysis – Fundamentals
Level 1 Certification Available
Introducing “non-experts” to machinery vibration with a practical approach to understanding the concepts of what is actually occurring with machinery and what to do about it.
Format: – 3 1/2 days – optional certification test on the second half of the 4th day
Update International developed its global reputation over the past 40+ years by concentrating on what works, and presenting it in the most practical, in-depth manor possible. This new offering represents a necessary extension of our wealth of knowledge to those who can no longer afford to be in the dark on this critical subject which is key to machinery health and longevity.
What you will learn:
- What is Vibration?
- Why is it important? Does it Really Matter? Why can’t I just ignore it?
- How is it caused, where does it come from?
- How much is too much? When should what action be taken?
- How is it identified? How do you measure it?
- How do you analyze/understand it? What are the basic principles to know?
- How do you prevent it in the first place?
- How does it relate to other PM technologies, IR, Oil analysis, ultrasound, etc.?
- What is a vibration program? What works?, What doesn’t?
- What is Monitoring? How is it accomplished?
- Job Functions- relative roles, contributions and why they are important.
- Vibration Program: In-house or outsourced?
- Pulling it altogether- Case Histories
Who Should Attend?
- Crafts people
- Any of the above from, Operations, Production, Engineering, Maintenance, Departmental Management
This course is for those who:
- While not an expert, need to understand the basic concepts so that they can participate in critical machinery related decisions of machinery health.
- Need to be able to better support and/or contribute to vibration programs, including vibration prevention